About Me

My photo
My husband tells me I am a makebate. So, what's wrong with that? I love to write. I have 2 great kids and 1 grandson. I'd love to say I am "retired" but really, who retires from life? Shoot me a question, comment, rant or rave. They are all welcome here. Love dogs, my family, and most of all, debate. Pro NRA, conservative and a right wing lady.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Kosher Hot Dogs - Inspected by Rabbi Stern

One of the best hot dogs on the market today are Hebrew National Kosher Hot Dogs.  Each package has been inspected by a rabbi.  Usually, as I have looked at the packages, I do believe that Rabbi Stern, God bless him, is the officiating man over the hot dog.

With the recent news of exposed wieners, I wonder if Rep. Anthony Weiner might have benefited from buying a few of the kosher hot dogs, and read the blessing of Rabbi Stern.  Perhaps, if the now defunct congressman had sought the help and counsel of his neighborhood rabbi, he might not be in the pickle relish that he finds himself in now.

I can't help but think that the real tragedy in all of this sexting, texting, weiner jokes, and, as a matter of fact, all foul playing governmental  men, is that we are less of a country in a whole.   I really have no concern nor care that men from both ends of the political spectrum are philandering with tweeter, twitter, or tapping their foot to the adjacent bathroom stall asking if someone "can spare a square", or if the $300 haircut scum Edwards is getting what he deserves, or that Sanford found his "soul mate" in Brazil, or that Ted Kennedy was a hypocrite, or that Bill Clinton liked cigars...all of them are idiots. Each and every politician that gets caught with his pants down just speaks volumes as to the people that are actually electing them in the first place.

What really eats at me is that these men took an oath to serve their constituents to a certain moral level of decorum and decency.  All of them lied, all of them broke their vows to their wives and families, and all of them fell by the wayside in relation to "Thou Shall Not Commit Adultery".  That is a pretty big one.

When I cast a vote for a politician, I am looking for someone who will uphold the Constitution of the United States of America.  That politician will make every conceivable effort to act in a professional manner, live within a certain set of written and unwritten moral codes, and provide us the best possible representation in Washington, D.C.  Is this really too much to hope for?

Am I too naive to believe that there must be someone out there who runs for office that can rise above the mediocrity, and fulfill my wishes for a honest political figure?  Perhaps to be involved in politics, the only requirement is to be a good liar.  If this is the case - then there is no hope for America.

No comments:

Post a Comment