About Me

My photo
My husband tells me I am a makebate. So, what's wrong with that? I love to write. I have 2 great kids and 1 grandson. I'd love to say I am "retired" but really, who retires from life? Shoot me a question, comment, rant or rave. They are all welcome here. Love dogs, my family, and most of all, debate. Pro NRA, conservative and a right wing lady.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Free Speech & Malcontent

One by one, those who I believed were friends, have dropped off the radar.  Oddly enough, one of the women in my life, to whom I held and continue to hold the utmost respect for telephoned me today, in a state of rage.  I wish that she could have realized that the homage I paid her for helping me through a horrible patch of life was a salute to the gift of life that so many people seek for, some find and others fall short of; never finding the salvation. She is a heroine to me.  Regardless of the phone call, or the things said - I stand by my praise of her, and value the advice and determination she had me seek within my self.  Just how to you begin to thank someone for giving you a second chance at life?

Quite a number of people made positive comment as to an anniversary I celebrated not too long ago.  I marveled at the tenacity of this special person who is a fighter; passionate in life.  This woman is someone that I hoped to emulate.  Sadly, this person did not hold the same opinion that I did.

Even with a not so nice telephone call, harsh and strident, in tone, I can't help but feel sad that the pure intent I had to praise someone could be so misconstrued.

No comments:

Post a Comment