About Me

My photo
My husband tells me I am a makebate. So, what's wrong with that? I love to write. I have 2 great kids and 1 grandson. I'd love to say I am "retired" but really, who retires from life? Shoot me a question, comment, rant or rave. They are all welcome here. Love dogs, my family, and most of all, debate. Pro NRA, conservative and a right wing lady.

Monday, April 16, 2012

Bill Maher - Does Your Penis Hurt During Childbirth?

Heaven's to Betsy!  Good grief!  Has Bill Maher lost his mind?

When  I was working as an EMT in an emergency room, one of the most painful conditions to walk through the ER doors was always the man with kidney stones. Heaven help them!  I am not unsympathetic that passing a kidney stone is anything like having a cold beer, or watching your football team win the Super Bowl. It's a painful, gut wrenching, testicular twisting experience.  Those tiny, yet diabolical, calcium fortified bullets of matter can turn any brave, macho, muscle ridden man into a puddle of misery, screaming pain, with the wave of a Foley cath.  It's the same for the female patient as well.  Kidney stones are not a discriminatory medical issue - they are all about equal opportunity.  A little fentanyl, some valium and rest usually alleviate some of the pain.  And once those little pellets shoot past your urethra,  and hit the toilet bowl or portable commode, an audible sigh of relief can usually be heard from beyond the bathroom door or ER curtain. If you are unlucky enough to have a stone that is bigger than a pin head, or its conveniently lodged itself somewhere between the kidney and urethra, you might get yourself a trip to the OR, and some lithrotripsy or sonic booms to break up the little stones.  You are then sent home with a magic mesh, coffee filter looking cone so that you can strain your urine, just like an Italian strains corkscrew pasta!

So, where am I going with this anyways?  Oh yes, my most favorite man on the whole planet.  Oh, Bill Maher.  My poor, pathetic man!  Does your mouth ever stop tossing out insults, or do you ever get choked up having your foot firmly lodged between your chin and nose?  If it weren't bad enough that Hilary Rosen thinks 24 hour, stay at home moms are not pulling their weight - we now can endure what Bill Maher has to say on the topic.

I am not a feminist.  I am pretty sure I have said that before.  I do, however, stand firmly behind a woman making the same amount of money as a man for the same job.  Moms that chose to stay home get a brave salute from me.  Raising children, balancing a budget, keeping the house clean, running errands, cooking, wiping snot and shit off little faces or hands or butts is no easy job. The pay is fairly lousy, yet the rewards are huge.     For the life of me though, I can't figure out what is keeping the National Organization of Women from standing beside ALL women who get targeted by political pundits and made to feel inferior.  Are we to presume that only Democratic Women need defending and Republican Women should just "buck up"?

My last blog spoke to why stay at home moms are looked upon with disdain?  The same day I received an email about the history behind women getting the right to vote. I mentioned in my blog, my ever present dismay and confusion as to how women are so good at tearing each other down.  Why?  What's wrong with us?  When a fellow woman is in the cross hairs of idiotic remarks, why are the bras of America not running to stand arm in arm, and show a united front?

Bill Maher seems to think that being a woman, or choosing to stay at home is akin to a walk in the park.  Is he serious?  And why for the life of me, have I not heard the N.O.W. or other womens' groups supporting women against attacks from so called pundits.  Are they too busy?  Hardly.  In my opinion, its a matter of hypocrisy. 

The stay at home mommy business (and working Moms) is not how to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with the crusts cut off.  It's about kissing little boo-boos, nursing hurt feelings, reassuring little ones that bad dreams aren't real, and that mean words from bullies on the playground are hollow and empty.  Moms sit through soccer games in the rain,  cheer their kids from the bleachers,  run carpools to afternoon activities, budget household finances, throw birthday parties, read bedtime stories, do laundry, darn socks, clean litter boxes, pick up dog poo, make beds, wash training pants.  Stay at home moms and working moms get peed on, vomited on, have their sleeves smeared with boogers, get up in the middle of the night for little sick kids, or nightmares and fevers.  It's not a job for the weak of heart.

So, Bill Maher claims that Ann Romney never got off her "ass".  Hmm, sounds like Bill Maher could maybe stand a little kidney stone treatment, a Foley catheter and maybe, just maybe, push a 9 lb baby through his penis.  Now that would be something to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment