About Me

My photo
My husband tells me I am a makebate. So, what's wrong with that? I love to write. I have 2 great kids and 1 grandson. I'd love to say I am "retired" but really, who retires from life? Shoot me a question, comment, rant or rave. They are all welcome here. Love dogs, my family, and most of all, debate. Pro NRA, conservative and a right wing lady.

Friday, May 24, 2013

The Old Bait & Switch

I've been writing this blog for a couple of years now.  Topics touched upon are far and wide.  Hormones,  menopause, grape Popsicles, military honors, epithets, remorse, sadness, joy, elation and over all a sense of accomplishment.  I'm quite confident that along the way I've pissed off my fair share of people. 

Bill O'Reilly has a "Word of the Day" at the end of the evening program he hosts.  Once, the word was makebate.  As a former school teacher, Mr. O'Reilly seems keen on getting the English language across to his viewers.  Once am educator, always as an educator.  Upon hearing makebate, I looked it up and found the word to more or less be a fairly accurate description of who I really was.  Even as I write my blog, I'll leave the word for anyone interested in furthering their language skills.

So the events of late.  Tornadoes and loss of human life are always going to be a tough pill to swallow.  There is no getting around trying to explain a large funnel cloud dropping out of the sky and tearing one house to the back stoop, and then moving on, skipping 3 or 4 houses along the way, and then dropping down again, but this time on a school, full of children.  Why?

Then, before the dust settles from people picking up their lives out of a tree, 2 blocks over, Ms. Lois Lerner gets up in front of an oversight committee, denies or should I say, emphatically defends herself, but not before taking the 5th.  What's the point of going to the trouble of emphatically rattling of some innocence, only to pleading the 5th?  Strange.  Odder still, now Ms. Lerner is on Administrative leave.  hmmmm.

Poor James Rosen from FOX News, and  his poor parents, having creepy government snoops looking for ?????  what?  His aftershave?  His favorite deesert? What about investigating old gal pal Helen Thomas?  Surely, she got some interesting schtick to dig through.

We have the 2 crazed men with blood stained hands, kitchen knives, meat cleavers, standing in London, screaming as to the injustices in their own country.  So, what better logic than to go to the United Kingdom, chop the living shit out of a British soldier.  No sense.  None.  Or the fact that someone with a big set of cajones didn't take a meat cleaver to them.

And at the end of it all, we have BENGHAZI!  We have Ambassador Chris Stevens, Glen Dohery, Sean Smith and Tyrone Woods.  We will always have BENGHAZI.  The President has little to no apparent interest in really trying to find out the truth.  Meanwhile, these mens' parents grapple with the weight of the world, and hearing how their sons died with honor from a man who knows nothing of the word honor or what that world physically entails,

So, bait and switch.  What does it mean?  I just listed a short chapter of the past few days...I wonder what next week will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment