About Me

My photo
My husband tells me I am a makebate. So, what's wrong with that? I love to write. I have 2 great kids and 1 grandson. I'd love to say I am "retired" but really, who retires from life? Shoot me a question, comment, rant or rave. They are all welcome here. Love dogs, my family, and most of all, debate. Pro NRA, conservative and a right wing lady.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Million Moms - Rock on Ellen

Okay..  Here's one that is really eating at me.  Bill O'Reilly had a segment on the O'Reilly Factor the other night on how the Million Moms had their panties in a wad because J.C. Penney has Ellen DeGeneres as one of their spokespeople.  News flash - Ms. Ellen is gay.

What that has to do with promoting a retail store is beyond me.  The last I saw of J.C.Penney, they were running ads about clothing, jewelry, etc., not putting Ellen in a room with purple dinosaurs, rainbows or big banners overhead proclaiming bans for or against gay marriage.

Millions Moms are wrong on this.  The mommies are upset because, apparently, Ms. Ellen's presence in some clandestine way is sending the wrong message to our youth.  I don't know about the rest of my readers, or even the general public, but J.C. Penney peddling their wares is not an announcement in promoting sexual behavior or orientation.

As a conservative Catholic myself,  I do believe that homosexuality is wrong.  However, if someone wants to engage in that lifestyle, well, its their business.  I also believe that Nancy Pelosi is a pinhead, the B. Hussein Obama has no clue about the economy, and that Planned Parenthood is nothing more than a front for promoting abortion.  But, really, Ellen and J.C. Penney?

Growing up in a conservative, Democratic household, I would find great humor in my Daddy getting worked up about what he perceived as sexual promiscuity on NYPD Blue.  I would say to him ..."Look Daddy, if you don't like the show, then don't watch it, and don't buy the products that are advertised on the network".  I mean really - I think that the way to voice your disdain now-a-days is to simply hit someone in the pocketbook, wallet or bill fold.  Plain and simple.  It offends no one.

The same should be said about the Million Moms.  So, you are irked that Ms Ellen is not a role model.  You don't approve of her sexual orientation.  Well, okay.  There is the old saying.."Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one."  Instead of smashing Ms. Ellen, why  not applaud her for her success as a woman.  She is an accomplished entertainer.  Last time I checked, Ms. Ellen is not running around in slinky negligees, or standing on some podium, like Rosie O'Donnell attempting to shove something down our consumer throats.  And so what if Ms. Ellen is in a relationship with another woman.  I may not agree with that lifestyle, but it has absolutely no bearing on whether or not I would shop at J.C. Penney.

Being conservative is a lifestyle I have chosen.  And for the most part, I have no regrets on this decision.  I believe that our country is lacking some serious moral fiber.  I don't understand for the life of me why NBC or the NFL contracts MIA (who the hell is this entertainer?) for Super Bowl halftime show knowing the odds are in favor of some asinine gesture, such as the single bird salute.  What happened to country singers?

While in opposition to the notion of gay marriage, I am not going to condemn someone if that's how they chose to live their life.  It's their business.  But, personally, I believe that all the Million Moms have accomplished with their contempt regarding Ms. Ellen and J.C. Penney is to throw old fashioned bigotry in to main stream consumer America.  All I can ask is why?

Go shop at Target.

No comments:

Post a Comment